Penang, the pearl of the orient, is a UNESCO world heritage site famous for its street art and murals! Every day, crowds of tourists flock to these attractions to snap photos with them. In this activity, participants will be using Google Maps (Satellite feature) to pinpoint the locations of these murals and capture virtual group pictures with them! It may appear deceptively simple, but tricky questions have also been incorporated into the mural hunt to test participants’ attention-to-detail and search client navigation skills!
Improve Team Coordination
Learn To Create A Fun Environment
Common Goal Setting
Exploring Malaysia Virtually
- Trust and respect
- Getting to know one’s work colleagues better personally helps to develop trust. When your employees come to learn of each other's capabilities and interests, this will lead to better collaboration with tasks and improved morale.
- While working together on problem-solving tasks in this game, a level of respect is gained between employees because they can see that their colleagues are there to help them and they can also identify skills and qualities that each other have.
- Greater sense of responsibility
In a team-building game, every member of staff has to contribute otherwise. Team games reinforce the responsibilities that everyone has and this will hopefully manifest into the workplace.
- Increased productivity
Better communication and collaboration will have a positive knock-on effect on productivity levels. By working together on a common goal, duplication of work is decreased, there is less friction and resistance, and therefore better output from each staff member.
- Improving communication
This exercise encourages staff to communicate with each other to complete tasks and solve problems. By putting people in a fun and relaxing environment outside the workplace, they will be encouraged to relax, be themselves and open up to others.
- Contributes to company culture, improved morale and motivation
- Games which improve morale can help break down barriers between employees and give ideas to bosses as to how to create and keep a good atmosphere in the office.
- Taking part in something new and exciting such as a team bonding exercise increases staff motivation as they know that they are being cared for and will be rewarded for their good work.
- This increase in motivation should help improve productivity levels, morale and confidence in each other's ability.
- Skills building
Increased proficiency with search engine navigation on Google Maps and Google search engine
- Goal setting
By setting achievable goals within the game and accomplishing them, employees will gain a sense of fulfilment, further encouraging them to set goals within the workplace
- Critical thinking
This task will require employees to fully engage their cerebral thinking skills, thus improving their attention to detail and critical thinking in the office
What you'll need
- PC / Laptop
A laptop with a webcam capable of accessing the Google Slides/ Powerpoint website used
- High-quality Headset Webcam
Most laptops now include these. Headsets and microphones are recommended to prevent background noise and echoes and ensure adequate volume. Mic and webcam are required to turn on to maximize participation. Joining via phone is possible; however, it is not recommended.
- Connection Checks
Minimum suggested internet speeds are 20 Mbps/download and 10mbps/upload.
- Professional Background
Present yourself in front of a professional environment free of distractions, with adequate foreground lighting and minimal background lightning to ensure faces are visible on camera
- Business Casual Attire
Dress appropriately for the session, as you would for an in-person session.
- Webcam Zoom
You’ll want to ideally be projecting your face and upper body on screen.
- "Can You Hear Me?"
All participants are encouraged to be online 10 minutes before soundcheck. Participants are required to rename themselves to their names upon joining the session.